Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sky high

There was a thing on the news earlier about this glass-bottomed walkway thing the Americans have stuck on the edge of the Grand Canyon. I know the Grand Canyon is one of the seven natural wonders of the world but a glass-bottomed walkway 1,200 metres above nothing? Fuck that! I'm sure the view's amazing but you would not get me on that thing for love nor money.

Obviously I'm a big wuss but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who couldn't give a shit about looking straight down at over a click of nothing, so I give it a day or two before someone starts charging tourists twenty bucks to walk the loop with their camcorder....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm more concerned with the fact the base of it is built on ancient Indian burial grounds.
You'll be half way round the loop when some long dead bloke pops up out of his grave (finding a car park and burger van no doubt), gets pissed off and snaps the bridge sending you and everyone else down to find Thelma & Louise's rotting corpses.

Richie Rich said...

Nah, the ghosts of the Indians would have more fun with them I reckon - like wobbling the walkway and floating underneath people with glass cutters.....